Friday, April 23, 2010

Law Society of Singapore vs Gopalan Nair. Singapore's Immigration Department responds

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I had written in my April 20, 2010, Singapore Dissident blog "Law Society of Singapore vs Gopalan Nair. Singapore's legal system the joke of the century" pointing out how nonsensical it was for the Singapore Disciplinary Tribunal who have recently ordered me to come to Singapore to attend a court hearing on April 30, 2010, when they themselves had only recently banned me from ever entering the country with threats that I would be sent to jail again if I did.

I sent this blog post via Email on the same day to the Singapore Immigration and Customs Authority who were the ones who had placed the ban.

Two days later on April 22, 2010, Singapore Immigrations and Customs Authority sent me the following Email:

"Please refer to your Email dated April 22, 2010. The matter is receiving attention. Your Email has been forwarded to the relevant officer who will reply to you in due course. Sincerely, Ng-Goh Siew Lee (Mrs), Senior Customer Relations Executive"

In response to her letter I wrote the following to her on April 23, 2010

"Thank you for your response. What do you mean by due course? We have only 8 days left! (i.e. 8 days up till April 30, 2010, the hearing date in Singapore) (Parenthesis mine)

Up till now, April 23, 2010, 10.10pm California time, April 24, 2010, 2.10 pm Singapore time, I have not heard anything more from them or any other Singapore official on my extension of time request for April 30, 2010 hearing or on any other terms I had suggested.

Gopalan Nair
39737 Paseo Padre Parkway, Suite A1
Fremont, CA 94538, USA
Tel: 510 657 6107
Fax: 510 657 6914
Email: nair.gopalan@yahoo.com
Blog: http://singaporedissident.blogspot.com/

Your letters are welcome. We reserve the right to publish your letters. Please Email your letters to nair.gopalan@yahoo.com And if you like what I write, please tell your friends. You will be helping democracy by distributing this widely. This blog not only gives information, it dispels

2 comments:

Seelan Palay said...

It's likely a trap, Gopalan! Don't fall for it!

Anonymous said...

Hi Gopalan,

I cannot help reading Seelan's comment and not responding.

The Singapore govt setting a trap for Gopalan? What has you done to deserve such a treatment. I cannot believe the Singapore govt will practice such double standard of jailing you and not the pro-PAP dummies who are doing the same against the opposition.

It will be good if the Singapore ICA is able to give you unconditional access to Singapore, by allowing you to appeal against your previous "crime".

The Law society should delay their proceedings against you.

OMG, What has Singapore got itself into?
What a joke.

Perhaps you should start a new blog, *The Singapore Law Joke* Blog.