Sunday, January 17, 2010

Letter from Dave D'Aranjo

Ladies and Gentlemen,

A letter from Dave D'Aranjo. His Email address garbled.
Gopalan Nair


Encouragement

Sunday, January 17, 2010 5:39 PM
From: "Dave D'aranjo"

To: nair.gopalan@yahoo.com

Dear Mr Nair,

Just writing a note of encouragement to you, and wishing you all the best in 2010 and for the next decade.
I check in on your blog from time to time. I applaud your efforts. I wish I could help.
I'm troubled by how eagerly people like to lambast and ridicule oppositional viewpoints in this town.

I myself am an ex-Singaporean who refused to serve National Service. I'm lucky, though - I am still able to come 'home' as a tourist.

My own story aside, all I really wish to say is thanks for keeping strong and continually writing.
At heart, I think you and I are motivated by a vision of a better state of affairs.
You catch hell for it now, but down the line I do hope Singaporeans will realize that a democracy is nothing without dissent.
The pledge aims to "build a democratic society, based on justice and equality", does it not? :)

All the best to you, keep up the good work, and great success to you in 2010.

Most sincerely,
Dave D'aranjo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just imagine what will happen if the folks at the GIC did not do anything and just loafed around in the office all day - we will suddenly find ourselves richer by 59 billion dollars.

Alerted to the threats of having too much money, the PAP has wisely instructed GIC to rid Singapore of the excess money that has been clogging up the arteries of the rugged Singaporean migrant that has become too rich (and lazy) for his own good.

http://us.asiancorrespondent.com/secret-blog/i-am-outraged-that-the-straits-times-has-not-praised-gic-enough

Anonymous said...

I love it how these folks refer to themselves as comrade.

http://www.youngpap.org.sg/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=16&Itemid=19